Music Therapy Services, LLC in Cincinnati, OH is seeking one part-time (to grow to full-time) dynamic, creative, and reflexive staff music therapist to add to our current team of therapists serving adolescents and adults with mental health needs through our private practice setting.
Staff Music Therapists are individuals who have completed a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalency in music therapy and have obtained the MT-BC credential.
Ideal candidates will have experience working in a behavioral health setting or with children and adolescents with complex trauma. They are a self-starter; able to maintain their own schedule; have excellent time-management skills; work efficiently communicating with an interdisciplinary team; maintain organized clinical notes within the company system; create accurate and objective clinical reports; and are able to adhere to strict deadlines. They also will need to have reliable transportation and the ability to multitask.
Ideal candidates will also possess:
- familiarity with or the ability to learn various musical styles that include but are not limited to rap, hip-hop, current pop, country, rock, metal, oldies, and musicals
- functional verbal processing skills
- integral thinking and reflexive clinical practice
- motivation to implement regular self-care practices
- willingness to examine biases, excel in cultural sensitivity, and respect cultural differences
- excellent musical skills on voice, piano, guitar, percussion, and have a knowledge of music technology
- familiarity with telehealth and have access to a personal laptop computer
Staff Music Therapists will be expected to provide individual and group music therapy services; complete music therapy assessments; design treatment plans; facilitate reflexive sessions; track and maintain accurate notes and data; compile reports; and teach typical and adaptive music lessons. Staff Music Therapists will also be expected to positively communicate with other members of the Music Therapy Services team; communicate effectively with parents, care-givers, and treatment team members; and maintain a strong line of communication with Music Therapy Services supervisors.
Staff Music Therapists will be actively engaged in scheduling sessions, will track client budgets, and will complete a variety of administrative tasks related to their caseload. This position will require travel to private homes, group homes, schools, and care facilities; staff music therapists must have access to reliable transportation. Staff Music Therapists will also be expected to attend monthly team meetings.
Staff Music Therapists must adhere to the Code of Ethics and only practice music therapy within the Scope of Practice as outlined by the American Music Therapy Association. Staff Music Therapists must provide creative and innovative music therapy sessions and work to best serve the clients he/she/they is providing services. Staff Music Therapists will participate in continuing education and supervision as required by Music Therapy Services and the Certification Board for Music Therapists.
- 20 days paid time off per year (pro-rated depending upon start-date)
- CBMT maintenance fee compensation
- Access to lending library for books, instruments, and other materials
- Professional liability insurance renewal compensation
- Paid trainings (eligible for CMTEs)
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- Monthly stipend for health insurance
- Professional supervision
- Paid leave for one conference per year
- Paid travel, planning, and documentation at normal hourly rate
- Self-care events (quarterly)
- Professional Zoom account compensation
About us: Music Therapy Services, LLC is an open and affirming company and strives to provide a safer/braver space for all clients and employees. The mission of Music Therapy Services, LLC is to provide exceptional music therapy services to assist clients in accessing their potential through music. Music Therapy Services, LLC integrates person-centered, collaborative, and strength-based approaches to support the needs of the whole individual and strives to promote the field of music therapy through advocacy, research, and education.
Submit your cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com.
All submissions will be reviewed and will receive a response.